Can EU policy drive the decarbonisation in the Western Balkans?
6 DECEMBER 2022
We invite you to attend a panel discussion organised in the European Parliament on December 6th on the impacts that the EU ETS and the new Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) will have on the Western Balkan countries, focusing in the power sector, and options to mitigate them.
The panel discussion is hosted by MEP Petros Kokkalis and co-organized by The Green Tank and CEE Bankwatch Network. It is part of the LIFE-ETX Project and aims at bringing together environmental NGOs and mayors from the Western Balkans with EU policy and decision makers, so that the challenges and opportunities associated with the implementation of EU carbon pricing policy can be identified and explored.
• Petros Kokkalis, MEP, The Left
• Yiannis Zachariadis, European Commission
• Ioana Ciuta, Energy Coordinator, CEE BankwatchNetwork
• Samir Kamenjaković, Mayor of Zivinice, Bosnia and Herzegovina • Mirnes Bajtarevic, Mayor of Kakanj, Bosnia and Herzegovina
• Nikos Mantzaris, Senior Policy Analyst & Co-Partner, The Green Tank
Moderator: Sam Van Den Plas, Policy Director, Carbon Market Watch